Tourism Club of MES Ponnani College is formed with an objective of creating awareness among the students about the tourism related activities. Club enhances responsible tourism among students. Tourism club is effectively functioning in the college and the conducts talks, seminars, field trip and exhibitions.
Staff Co-ordinator: Jahfar A
Assistant Co-ordinator: Ledid Bin Abdul Khader
Student Co-ordinator: Shahalas Muhammed
Members: 60 Students
- To create awareness among the students about Tourism activities and to incorporate the student’s strength and potential in the development of tourism in our State.
- To promote responsible tourism among students
- District Tourism Promotion Council of Malappuram (DTPC)
Entrepreneurship development Clubs are set up by the Department of Industries & Commerce, mainly with the objective of promoting entrepreneurial traits among students in schools and colleges. Club tries to build a culture of self independence through entrepreneurship. ED Clubs provide a platform for realizing business opportunities by arranging industrial visits, business awareness classes, practical sessions on skill development training, interaction with entrepreneurs etc.
In MES Ponnani College ED Club registered and started 2008. The registered number is EDP/07/2008/MLPM
- To inculcate social virtues i.e., trustworthiness, integrity, hard work, discipline, honesty etc as constituents of entrepreneurship.
- To sensitize students on the real economic and industrial development scenario of the state.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture in students.
- To change the mind set on the negative attitude prevailing in the state for taking up entrepreneurship as a career.
- To induct entrepreneurial spirit in the institutions To bring in successful entrepreneur and students on a common platform.
- To motivate the members to venture into the industrial activity.
- To educate members on various dimensions of industry
- To nurture the latent entrepreneurial talent.
ED Club is organizing various programmes joining hands with KIED (Kerala Institute of Entrepreneurship Development), DIC (District Industries Centre ) and KITCO