Sensing sexism as prime peril to the concept of equality, comprehending the need to guarantee egalitarian treatment of women and sexual minorities in a patriarchal society, and realizing the role that can be played by the academic fraternity in enlightening the community and preparing it for the gender bias free environment, Women Development Cell (WDC) of the institution ‘Nirbhaya’ has initiated many gender sensitive and equity programmes like invited talks, debates, awareness programmes, cultural activities, life skill training, inside and outside the institution thus taking a big leap towards its goal of the empowerment of women as well as sexually outnumbered. WDC collaborates with other departments, kudumbasree units and local administrative system and confirms the involvement of boys too.
Objectives - 5 E’s
- Ensure Gender Bias Free Ambience
- Enlighten the Community about Gender Equality
- Empower the Girls and Women Nearby
- Enrich the Opportunities for Girls
- Edify the Society to Stand with the Sexually Outnumbered