The National Cadet Corps, after its inception in 1948, has been growing steadily and continuously in the years past and has now reached the status of the largest youth organization in the world. Variety enriched programmes including camps of different types organized at national, state and unit levels, mould the young blood of the country to develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsman ship and ideals of selfless services and make them useful citizen capable of shouldering responsibilities in various walks of life. NCC has 17 Deputy Directorates. The Deputy Directorate of Kerala and Lakshadweep region has 39 units under five NCC Group Head Quarters. 28 Kerala BN NCC, Ottappalam is the unit to which the subunit of NCC at the college is affiliated.
Unity and Discipline is the motto of the NCC which was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980. The NCC is a responsive and continuously evolving organization. Its activities are guided by certain core values that we endeavor to instill among all ranks of the NCC.
These include the following:
1. A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development
2. Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, lifestyle and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion
3. Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution
4. Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority
5. Ability to participate in community development and other social program
6. A healthy lifestyle free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices
7. Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens
8. Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness
9. Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work
10. Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas
Aims of NCC
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the armed forces and be always available for the service of the nation
- To Provide a suitable environment to motivate the Youth to take up a career in the armed forces
"I do hereby solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally and that, I will abide by the rules and regulations of the National Cadet Corps. Further, under the command and control of my commanding officer I will participate in every camp most sincerely and wholeheartedly."
"We, the cadets of the national cadet corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizens of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings."
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. THOUFEEQ RAHMAN VAZHAKKAT