Under Graduate Programmes
B. Sc. Botany
Department of Botany was established in 1968 initially with pre University course and gradually as subsidiary course for B.Sc Zoology programme. In 2020 BSc Botany programme with Zoology and Chemistry as complementary courses has started. The basic discipline of Botany incorporates all areas of study and scientific research related to plants. At present, the department has one regular faculty member, who value teaching and mentoring and steadfast to provide a loyal and inclusive environment for the students.
The department is enriched with learning resources such as museum specimens, slides, models, charts, internet facilities, LCD which help students in the independent learning. The department is maintaining more than 200 Botanical specimens including plants of lower and higher groups, fruits and seeds in the Museum.
Department of Biology with pre degree course.Department is offering complementary course for B.Sc. Zoology from 1982 –onwards.Present Intake- 40 students/batch.
To develop self-assured, inventive, and ingenious enduring learners to hoist the society
- Educating the fundamentals of life sciences
- To create scientific approach and a thorough knowledge of biodiversity
- To impart environmental awareness
- To develop human resource with proficiency in frontier extents of plant sciences
- To sensitise the students towards immediate environment and society at vast
- To provide student centered education and generate socially dedicated and academic brilliance in Botany.